This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we process any personal information we collect about you, or that you provide to us, when you visit our careers site, apply for a role within the business, or otherwise interact with us in relation to recruitment activities. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information is any information that could be used to identify you in some way. The personal information that we collect from or about you may include the following:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your financial information (including your bank details)
- Information about your work experience, skills and attributes and any other related information contained in your CV;
- Photographs of you where one is submitted alongside your application;
- demographic information;
- Records made of any interviews we have with you;
- Information about you derived from any psychometric tests or assessments you undertake as part of the recruitment process;
- information about your visit to our careers website, including information about how and when you came to visit our websites, how you interacted with the websites (products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and where you went next (including full URLs and methods used to browse away from the site);
- technical information about the way that you use the web, including the internet protocol (IP) address or other device identifier, your login information if you register on our website or via our app, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information; and
- information collected from our websites and elsewhere across the internet through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, device identifiers and other technologies including information about your shopping habits and preferences;
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We (and other organisations that we work with, such as our suppliers and service providers) may collect personal information in a variety of ways including:
We collect information when you fill in forms on http://www.tti-careers.eu/eu, when you correspond with us by e-mail or otherwise, when you register to use our site, or apply for a job on our site. In each instance, we will only request information, which is required for the specific purpose.
We collect information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, agencies, search information providers, social networks).
HOW WE USE SUCH INFORMATION AND OUR LAWFUL BASIS FOR DOING SO
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes and from a legal perspective, there are various reasons for doing so and we have set out an explanation of this below.
For purposes related to the career opportunities we advertise
- When you apply for a role we will use the information we collect about you to analyse your suitability for the role and decide whether we would like to invite you to interview;
- We will also use information we process about you to correspond with you about your application and any queries or concerns you contact us about during the process;
- If we ask you to undertake any personality questionnaires or psychometric tests, we will also use this information alongside the other information we have collected about you to help us decide whether you are suitable for the role;
We use your personal information in this way because it is in our legitimate interest to make sure that we recruit the right people to join our team; but we will always ensure that your rights are protected.
For administrative and internal business purposes:
- to ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and for your device and to tailor the site’s experience and content based on the way that you use the site;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- for our internal business purposes, such as analysing and managing our businesses, audits, developing new products or services, enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. For these purposes, your personal information will be aggregated and looked at on a statistical basis;
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal information in this way. For example, we have a clear interest in ensuring that our site works properly and that our products and services are high quality and efficient. We will always ensure that your rights are protected.
For security and legal and compliance purposes:
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to detect or prevent fraud or other illegal activity;
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate in each case in order to comply with laws or legal process (including laws or legal process in other countries);
- to protect our rights or property (or the rights or property of others) and to enforce our rights and pursue available remedies;
In some cases, we will need to use your personal information to fulfil a legal obligation (for example, if we receive a legitimate request from law enforcement agencies), and in other cases (such as the detection of fraud or ensuring the security of the site) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal information in this way.
International transfer of your data:
- some of the processes involved in our use of your personal information may require your information to be stored or processed in countries outside of the European Economic Area (the "EEA"). For example, our business is a global business with group entities across the word (including outside of the EEA) and there may be occasions where we need to transfer your personal information to such an entity.
Whenever we send (or permit a third party to send) your personal information outside of the EEA, we will make sure that we take steps necessary to protect your data as required by applicable laws. For example, we may implement specific contract terms or we may rely on international entitles who adhere to certain compliance programmes overseas, or we may select service providers based in countries with strong local laws to protect your personal information.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will never sell your personal information or give it to anyone else for them to use for their own purposes without making that clear to you. There are, however, various ways in which we will share your data, as set out below:
- Sharing personal information within our group
We are a large international group that shares various operations and business processes and we may share personal information about you to members of our group, which includes our sister companies, our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding companies and their subsidiaries. We do this because it is in our legitimate interests to consolidate our processes and operations across the group.
- Sharing with third party service providers
We work with selected trusted third party business partners and service providers to help us during the recruitment process (such as the businesses we partner with to help us assess applicant suitability to a certain role or which host psychometric tests or questionnaires). In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal information in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organisations that we trust to look after your personal information appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
- Sharing with previous employers/references
We will need to get in contact with your previous employer or references in order to ask them to provide us with the information we need about you to pursue our recruitment process. This means we will need to disclose to them that you are applying for a role with us and what that role is.
- Sharing in connect with changes to our group structure or the ownership of our business
If we sell or propose to sell our business or part of it, we may need to disclose your personal information to prospective buyers. Similarly, if there are changes to our group structure or if our ownership changes, we may need to disclose your personal information to the new owners or operators of this site. We will do this if it is in our legitimate interests to do so (whilst ensuring that your rights are protected).
- Sharing to comply with laws
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal information, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
We take the security of your data very seriously and have put physical, technical and administrative strategies, controls and measures in place to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure as required by law and in accordance with accepted good industry practice.
All personal information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
RETENTION PERIOD & YOUR RIGHTS
In general terms, we will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement. This means that the retention periods will vary according to the type of the personal information and the reason that we have the personal information in the first place. For example, some personal information will be kept for a number of years in order to comply with particular legislation whilst other personal information may be kept a different period because it is in our legitimate interests to do so. If you would like more information about our retention policies please contact us using the contact details provided below.
As a data subject, you may assert your rights at any time. In particular, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing activities where we are relying on your consent to do so;
- You have the right to see or obtain personal information we hold about you and (whether and if applicable) to enquire about the extent we process personal information concerning you (and in some circumstances, you can ask us to provide a copy to a third party).
- You have the right to request the rectification of your data without undue delay, as far as it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information in some (but not all) circumstances where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it.
- You have the right to ask for the processing of your personal information to be restricted such as by asking us to temporarily stop using your data if you don't believe that we have a right to use it, or to stop us from using your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to use it.
- You have the right not to be subject to decisions made solely on the basis of 'automated processing' (i.e. the right not to be subject to decisions made solely by algorithms or computers without input from a human).
You may assert your rights by contacting us under the contact details listed below.
You also have the right to complain about our use of your personal information. You can contact your Local Data Protection Authority via the following link http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we make to our Privacy Statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to
Data Information Manager
Techtronic Industries UK Ltd
Unit 3 Globeside Business Park
Fieldhouse Lane, Marlow SL7 1HZ
Submit a Data Subject Access Request